Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Week 6

Tomorrow marks week 6.  Today I had another appt with my surgeon.  He did the feeling test again and still no feeling on the left side of my chin and on the left side of my lower lip.  Guess it's better than pain.  After looking at my nose again, he thinks I may need another surgery to fix my nose so I can breathe again.  A septoplasty.  I've actually had one before when I had sinus surgery.  At one point we thought that sinuses were the cause of the constant pain.

He said it surprised him that I was having trouble because they actually did stuff in surgery to make sure that didn't happen.  He said if you take a piece of cardboard that is already crooked and bring one hand closer to the other (like moving your lower jaw up) the bend gets larger on that one side.  Which is what happened to me.  Another surgery.  I was hoping not to have one in 2011. I know there are a lot of people out there that have faced many more surgeries than me.  My mom included.  But I've had 4 in the past 5 years.  So I was hoping I was done with them for a little while.  My doctor said he will talk to my ENT and get me an appt  so they can figure out what needs to be done.  Since I'm still healing from my jaw surgery I may have to wait a little while before I have another surgery.

Good news is I can start jogging.  "Light jogging" whatever that means.  Can't wait to hit the gym!  If any of you have had problems with your  nose after jaw surgery would love to know how it turned out.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Christi! Sorry to hear you may be looking at another surgery. You do look great though! Do you have any before pics?

    Here is my blog:
    http://gumby-jaw-surgery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christi,

    Sorry to hear that you might need another surgery. That must be so frustrating to hear especially on the heels of all you have been through.
    I'm sure your glad you've got the green light to "jog lightly." I know you've been wanting to get back into the gym. Maybe the doc meant on your toes when he said "lightly" ;) HA! Did you ask if you can play dodge ball!?!?
    BTW thanks for the advice to show my oldest before and after pics of fellow patients(at about day 5 post surgery). I think that will help prepare her. I also arranged to have my parents and in-laws keep the kids for the week after surgery. I know it will be hard to be away from them but I will recover better. Many thanks again for the advice! I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.


    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I'm just now replying to you guys. BraceFaced, I need to find before pictures. I've been meaning to do that. The ones my doctors have are a couple of months after having a baby so I had 50 extra pounds on me. You don't want to see those! =) I will definitely check out your blog.

    Hi Michelle! Forgot to ask about dodge ball, maybe next time! =) I think a week is good. And once your kids are back you will look and feel better. Thanks for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete