Thursday, December 23, 2010

Week 5

Today I'm 5 weeks out from surgery.  And today is also my hubby's 32nd birthday.  Happy Birthday Brian! 

This week I've had more trouble with my nose.  One nostril is completely blocked by cartilage which my doctor said might be due to swelling but I can feel jagged edges inside so I'm not convinced.  When I see him next week I will make him look again.  It does make it hard to breathe which also makes it hard to work out. 

I've been working out a lot more.  I'm still not allowed to run so I do the eliptical, stairmaster, row machine, walk on an incline and other low impact stuff.  And of course abs.  Luckily I haven't really gained weight.  I go up .5 pounds and down .5 pounds.  I have yet to ask if I can play soccer again.  I think I know what he will say.  But I hope I will get back to playing indoor and/or outdoor one day.

One thing that has really changed in the past few days is the pain in my upper jaw.  It really hits me sometimes.  And the shocks in my lip.  Still no feeling on one side of my lower jaw.  But I'm hopeful it will come back eventually.  Take a look at the smile.  Making progress though it still looks funny!




No comments:

Post a Comment