Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 26*

Wednesday, 12/15 is day 26.  I saw my surgeon who said I'm doing really well and my swelling is gone.  However, he is worried about the numbness on the left side of my chin.  Every time I see him he does a test to see how numb everything is.  On my left side (the side the other doc did) I have NO feeling at all.  So I'm definitely getting more B12 today.  He also released me to a soft mechanical diet which means I can't chew or bite into something but I can close my jaw when I eat.  Like eating blueberries because they are soft and bringing my jaws together will crush them.

*One other thing I learned today, which I wish I would have known before surgery, is having your upper jaw widened makes your nose larger.  My surgeon did a stitch so mine didn't get too much bigger.  It changed some but definitely willing to sacrifice the nose for the jaw.  I'm glad my surgeon made the stitch though.  My face couldn't handle a larger nose.  If you are having the upper and lower jaw done, might want to ask about the changes to the other features on your face. I've noticed my eyes, which have always been slanted (think it's due to Native American genes), got a little larger.

Here are some profile pics for you.  I'm took them so my expressions are weird in a few.



No comments:

Post a Comment