Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 14

Today was the changing of the guard so to speak.  My mom left and my mother-in-law took her place.  Everything is going pretty well.  I'm tired because the ER doc prescribed more meds including a muscle relaxer to help my arm pain.  Those things really knock me out.  My arm still hurts when I try to do certain things like change my shirt, reach out for things, etc.  I'm back on prescription meds as well just because I'm talking more so I'm sore a lot.  However, I've started sleeping through the night so I can go longer without taking them.  My stitches have started to fall out.  Some of them come out when I brush my teeth.  I'm able to smile a little bit more than I could before.  Still numb in some areas and swollen too.  If you were to draw a circle from the tip of my nose down around my chin and back that is where I'm swollen. But the good news is you can't really tell.  Every day I feel electric shocks and the feeling that things are crawling under my skin.  My surgeon told me this is the sign that you are healing and your nerves repairing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment