Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 11

The kids came back today! I went outside to meet them and Mimi. Chase was crying and didn't want to have anything to do with me. Maddie just smiled and hid. Maddie was fine with everything and asked where my swollen was. I guess she expected something a little worse. I really was too. Chase was mad at me. He only wanted Mimi. But they had a fun day and ran around the house. My kids have so much energy. I love them and missed them but I'm so glad they were out of the house while I was going through the hard stuff. Maddie is funny she will only hug me from far away and to the side so I don't drool on her.

I was feeling better today and actually did stuff around the house to prepare for the kids coming back. I also took Maddie with me to my appt. The surgeon checked my ears and told me I didn't have ear infections. He said I had scarring in one ear where I perforated an eardrum but they were both fine. He said the doc-in-a-box places just give out antibiotics. He also said I would get my splint out really soon. Heck yeah! I hate that thing! He said he would have to put more rubber bands on and we would take a step back on my diet but I should feel better. A step back? I barely eat as it is. I just can't eat like some people that have had this surgery. No blending up spaghetti for me. Yuk! Just all types of soup, ice cream and ensure for me. I really miss Mexican food. I've lost 8 pounds so far. He also tested to see what I could feel. I still am numb on my left side. My right is almost back to normal. I need to be better about taking my B12.

I also showed him my jaw wrap that I found online. He used zip-n-squeeze before they went out of business. He thought it was great and told his staff to order some. I have to say I love my jaw wrap and I think it really helped my swelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment