Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 19

I got my splint out today!  I read on other blogs that it was a tough appointment but mine was pretty easy.  The surgeon just popped it right off.  My lips did hurt and bled a little from all the pulling.  Other than that it wasn't bad.  It was kind of nasty though.  Once it was out I was able to brush my teeth and my tongue.  It felt so good.  My surgeon also looked at my nose because I've been having problems with one side.  It's almost like the nostril is completely closed up and it's just bone there.  But my surgeon thinks it's swelling from where he took the turbinates out and he thinks it should go down eventually.  The best part of the appointment was when he said I could eat some soft foods!  He said anything that I can put to the roof of my mouth and swallow will be okay.  Things like cooked veggies, eggs, lasagna, etc.  That made my day.  I will go back next week for another check up.

I also saw my orthodontist for the first time after surgery.  He had to replace the upper wire on my braces because it was segmented for the surgery.  They ended up replacing both the upper and the lower wire and taking off my surgical hooks.  I was there for 1 hour and 45 minutes.   It was painful.  My gums, cheeks and lips are sore so they had to keep giving me breaks.  When they put the bands back on the lower I had to hold my jaw in place because it felt weird.  Then they put two bands on to keep my bite in the right place and said I could take them off to eat and brush my teeth.  I planned on getting something to eat for lunch but I was so sore after the appointment that I decided to just have a shake.  Maybe at dinner I will try something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment