Friday, January 7, 2011

Week 7

Yesterday marked week 7.  I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since the surgery!  I saw my orthodontist this week. He changed my upper wire and the way I wear my bands.  My jaws hurt the rest of the day and the next but feel fine now.  I used the jaw wrap to help with the soreness.  Still getting some painful shocks in my lips.  When I was at the ortho he poked my lip with a wire which made me cry out and brought tears to my eyes.  I thought half my lip was hanging off but it was just my nerves playing tricks on me.  He said they do that when they heal.  I will see him again in a month.  Still numb on my lower left side.  I do feel tingling there so maybe I will have feeling back soon.

I'm still having trouble breathing and a sinus infection.  Would love to breathe again.  Next week I have an appt with the surgeon and will find out what was discussed with the ENT. 

Even with the sinus infection, things are going well.  Nothing I can't handle.  And the inside of my mouth is healing well.

We have a busy weekend and then next week it's off to Minneapolis.  Brrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment