Thursday, January 13, 2011

Week 8

Well 2 months have past.  I'm feeling good.  I'm feeling a lot of electricity and shocks in my chin so my doctor is confident I should get feeling back soon.  I know I keep saying it, just hoping it will come true.  At my 2-month check up on Tuesday my doctor said I look more and more like a normal person each time he sees me.  I'm so glad to hear it.  I guess I feel more and more like a normal person.  I do pretty much what I did before surgery now.  Just no hard foods.  And people don't look at my funny anymore.  Only when I talk.  They can't really figure out what's wrong so they comment on my braces and my bands.  I guess I still talk a little funny because of the numbness.

My only issue is that I still can't breathe.  The doc didn't get a chance to talk to my ENT but he says if it is surgery I need it won't be until my jaws have had six months to heal.  So I will just have to live with it until then.  And I forgot to ask about exercise.  I snuck in an Insanity workout yesterday.  My jaw didn't hurt after so I'm taking that as I good sign.  And he said I could play soccer again (eventually) but I would need to wear I mouth guard.  He said with any contact sport you should wear a mouth guard.  Yeah, that's not going to happen.

This week has been challenging with a sick baby, snow day and trying to get ready for our trip to frigid Minnesota.  We are going for my husbands work retreat.  I think I will be staying inside the resort for the weekend.

And thanks to my friend Melissa for finding me a new background for this blog.  She told me the old one drove her crazy and looked like blood.  Hope ya'll like this one.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I'm glad to hear that your feeling well. I'm looking at this summer or fall for my jaw surgery to fix an open and over bite. What surgeon to you have? I heard I may have Dr. Franco in Irving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had Dr. Larry Stewart in Plano. He was awesome. LMK if you need his contact info. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete