Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 9

Well I survived Minnesota.  Sort of.  I did come back with a cold.  I've never experienced cold like that before.  But it was fun to go somewhere new.

So nothing really new or exciting.  I did find out I'm still numb in a lot of places.  Last Thursday, the night before we were flying to Minnesota, I felt a wire poking me in the back of my mouth.  It didn't really hurt just felt uncomfortable.  Well, the wire was over 1/2 an inch long and was hitting my jaw bone. So I had a nice hole in my mouth.  Luckily my ortho was able to squeeze me in on the way to the airport the next day.  When they snapped the wire the back bracket came off.  I had no time to repair it because we had to catch our flight.  They will put it back on when I come back for my next appt.  I was surprised I didn't feel it.  I guess I'm still more numb than I thought.

So that's all for this week.  I was up all night with my daughter who is sick so I'm a little wiped.  I think it's a two cups of coffee day.

2 comments:

  1. Christi
    I just happened upon your blog and found this post pretty funny. I am a born and raised Minnesota girl and it's always funny to me to hear about non-residents 'surviving' the cold :) hehe.

    Congratulations on a great recovery! I am having surgery in May and it's been really helpful to read through your experience. Good luck with the rest of your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was freezing up there. But very pretty. I think I would like to go back...In the summer! =)

    We've been iced/snowed in for 4 days here in the Dallas area. And our Internet was down. So I'm a little behind on my blog. Good luck with your surgery. Feel free to ask me anything!

    ReplyDelete