Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 9 Post Op

Day 9 - the best day yet at least so far. This morning I decided I wasn't going to suffer through another day of crushing up pain meds and freaking out while trying to get them down. So I fit them through my bands and swallowed! Done! We went to a clinic today to get my ears checked and I was right. Ear infection in both ears. I'm thinking my recent ear infections may be caused by my sinus rinse. I think my sinuses may not drain right or something. The clinic doc said I have eustachian tube dysfunction. I have to schedule an appt with my ENT. We took Jack for a walk this afternoon. It was a short walk but it felt good to be outside. My swelling has gone down even more today too.

Tools used this week- Sinus rinse, yes!!!! heating pad, soft towels for drool rag, liquid B12
Best recipes - Vanilla ensure, peanut butter, graham crackers and milk.


4 comments:

  1. Christi - What a difference in the swelling from day 3 to day 9 - that's amazing! I"m sorry to hear about the ear infections - let's not make anything easy. I love that you just said the heck with it and swallowed the pills whole - way to go girl! I thought I saw au gratin potatoes on Thanksgiving - I know Brian likes them - did he blend any up for you? Enjoy another quiet day - those darling children of yours will be home soon. I would love to see their faces when they get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great. I know Maddie and Chase are looking forward to getting home. I enjoyed seeing them for Thanksgiving. Your MOm has enjoyed having them so much. COntinue to improve each day. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look GREAT!! Wowza! I've been thinkging about you. I'm only in town til Wednesday this week so if I can help those 3 days, let me know. I'd be glad to pick up Maddie for Gymnastics on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you look great! I'm glad that you are feeling better and hope that you get some relief from the ear pain soon.
    So it sounds like your children stayed with family for about 8 days. I think yours are similar ages as mine (4.5 and 18mths.) How did you decide on how long for them to be away from home? I can't imagine how hard on you that was but also necessary. My ortho recommended that I don't see the kids for a week but I thought at the time it seemed like overkill. My tentative plan was for them to come home 3 days after (with caretakers there) but I'm thinking I might need to revise. Also, did you need constant care from your hubby the first week? My surgery (upper and lower) is February 18 and I'm starting to think about how much care I and my children will need and how much time my husband should take off. No worries getting back to me right away, I know your healing!
    mportteus5@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete