Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Stress...

So only two days to go! I can't believe it's already here. About 15 months ago I saw the surgeon for the first time. And 7 months ago I got my braces.

A lot has happened since my last post so I will do my best to catch you all (or Brian, my only follower at this point) up. This past Friday I saw my surgeon for my final measurements and models. I was told earlier I would be able to ask all my questions during the appt so my husband missed work to come with me. Luckily my Mother-in-law was in town for a teacher's conference so she watched the kids in the morning. When we went back to the exam room I was told today would NOT be the day I would get to ask questions. So Brian left. I have had trouble with miscommunication in that office before, like when they forgot to send my models to my insurance, so I was irritated.

We went on with the appt and when it was over they said I could head over to the hospital to do all my pre op paperwork and testing. I called earlier in the week to make sure I didn't need to schedule an appt for pre op and the same girl said no I could just show up. She was wrong and the hospital told me they should know better. I called to make an appt while waiting at the hospital and the only one I could get was that afternoon during my son's nap time and then the time I would have to pick up my daughter from school. So my Mother-in-law missed the last day of her workshop to help me out. But this all could have been avoided if I was given the right information by my surgeon's office. I was tired, stressed and mad at this point. Then the testing took 2 hours. I was so exhausted at the end of the day. But I got everything done.

I had to schedule another appt with my surgeon to ask my questions and they seemed irritated that it took work to find an appt to fit in my schedule. Well ladies, I was ready and had childcare on Friday. Whew! Like I need any additional stress. Anyway, saw the surgeon yesterday (with two sick kids I might add) and asked all my questions. I will list them on another post for you.

2 DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment