Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 7 Post Op

Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope all of you enjoyed your Thanksgiving meal. This was the first day I really missed eating. I had Brian blend apple pie and ice cream for a Thanksgiving treat. The best part of today was that I got to talk to my family on the phone. They even understood what I was saying most of the time. I got to talk to my kids too! Or at least hear them. Maddie told me Happy Thanksgiving. I hadn't talked to my kids in one whole week. My mom couldn't believe I could talk so well just one week after having jaw surgery. Today I also started to get off the prescription pain meds. My doctor said I could have 2400 mg of ibuprofen per day. He said I could crush it up and put it in my drink. I tried this and freaked out. It was the nastiest thing ever, it burned my throat and got stuck. Do not try this at home! We tried to take our dog Jack for a walk but it was raining and 30 something degrees out with a 30 mph wind. Wasn't it over 80 degrees the day before? Had fun watching football with Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment