Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 8 Post Op

Frustrating day! My swelling has gone down a lot. So much so that we tried to make a trip to Sam's. I took a shower, put on make up and did my hair. And yes I know it's Black Friday but we wanted to get out of the house. I made sure and took my dry erase board and drool rag. We went to get diapers to prepare for our kids return. As soon as we arrived I started sniffing and said I smell real Christmas trees. Yep another thing I'm allergic to! So we hurried and got what we needed and then headed home. I actually took a short nap and was awaken by Brian who tried give my pain meds. It had been a hard day for me because it was the first day without any prescription meds. The last 2 hours between meds are pretty tough. I just used heat and ice to get me through. I freaked out again when I tried to drink the crushed up pills. Once I calmed down and got them down we decided to give me prescription pain meds at night so I could sleep. And guess what, ear infections. Yep I've had a lot recently before the surgery which is weird because I never had them growing up. So added pain but nothing I can't handle. My chin is really bothering me. I got a genioplasty to help with my profile when they moved my jaw up. Now It feels either like its cold or burning. I can't tell if it's the skin which is raw because of all the drooling or if its the implant. Because of my better breathing I slept better that night than I had since before the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment