Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 3 Post Op

Sunday was day 3 and I woke up in a regular room. My doctor came to see me and we talked about going home. Since it took over an hour to get my pain meds that morning and other problems we had, I asked the doctor if I could go home. I felt like my husband and I could do a
better job at home. He said yes so I was so excited.

I also had an ultrasound on my arm. It had been hurting so bad since right after surgery so my doctor ordered the ultrasound just to make sure I didn't have a clot. Everything turned out okay, but my arm still hurts and I can't grip things in my right hand. My doctor thinks it's because they wrapped me very tight during the surgery. This is done to prevent clots. Which could also be why there is a bruise ring around my neck. You can kind of see it in my picture. I thought I would throw in a profile pic so you can see my new look although there is still a lot of swelling. This day probably had the most swelling of all.

Once I got in the car, we rolled down the windows so I could get some fresh air. The drive was easy and I even took a quick shower when I got home. I made my husband stand there because I read on other blogs that some people had passed out in the shower.

I also weighed myself before the shower. I lost 5 pounds. Once I was done in the shower, my husband helped me set up in the recliner we put in our bedroom. I spent the rest of the day watching tv. I managed to eat some potato soup pureed in our new Ninja, cream of chicken soup and ensure. I did have a few pain moments but I used infant tylenol in between pain meds which helped. I slept a few hours on and off.

Feeling much better and my husband is taking great care of me. I do miss my kids but I know they are having fun with their grandparents.

Things I couldn't live without at home on day 3 were humidifier, vicks plug in, nose spray, towels to help with drool especially when eating, syringes I bought at Pet Smart. I use the larger one for water to make sure I stay hydrated.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear things are getting a little better! If the Vicks Plugs In work for you, try Pediacare Gentle Vapor pads (http://pediacare.com/gentle-vapors.php) in your vick plug in...we use those for the girls and I think they smell much better than the Vicks one...I find the Vicks smell a little nasty sometimes after they've been in awhile! Thinking of you and still praying for you that each day gets easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christi- Sounds like you are doing great considering you are only 3 days post op! I felt terrible the entire first week. Couldn't even open my eyes, much less try some soup! Keep that fluid in you, it will really help so the pain meds don't make you sick! I have little kiddos too and know how hard it is to be away from them. This will all be over before you know it!
    Hang in there!
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure got home quickly - that's good to be home I'm sure. Were you home in time to watch the cowboys :) Let me know if you feel like reading any magazines - you're probably into movies and tv right now. Is your arm feeling any better? Hope that husband continues to take good care of you, and you both have a good Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete